Sunday, September 20, 2009

♥ Dutch Delft Blue

These beads whose colour was inspired by the famous Dutch delft blue pottery have been described as being reminiscent of sea creatures by those who have handled them. I have to agree that the patterns, linework and dots do remind me of the sea urchin shells we find washed up along the beaches in Florida. This set of beads would look spectacular combined with either freshwater pearls or sparkling Swarovski crystals.



This is my first bead set on offer in my Etsy Shop that shows off some of the pattern work I've been exploring. It takes quite some time to build up the patterns and layers, I spend close to 20 minutes on each bead. I am very fond of this collection of beads, the colours are so pure and saturated, and they are as interesting to explore visually as they are with your fingertips, the raised dots giving them a nice textural aspect as well as catching the light for added sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment